Flower Arranging 101 + A New Project

Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm a big fan of both Amy Merrick's blog, An Apple a Day, and her floral design work. Her blog is beautiful, moody and full of gorgeous flowers that make me want to stop everything I'm doing and open a flower shop. Lately I've been doing more and more flower arranging (most recently for my brother and sister in laws wedding) and I love it- I mean LOVE. So I'm excited to start a new series on the blog- an arrangement a month. You may remember my New Years resolution, a cake a month (that I fell short of completing by one month!) A handful of those cakes turned out alright, most of them, not so great. So here's what I learned from that experience 1. I don't like baking. 2. Decorating cakes is flipping hard.  3. It's best to leave it to the professionals. But! I do have high hopes for an arrangement a month as I know that it's something I already love to do. So stick around... first arrangement coming up next week.
Photobucket Photobucket
All photos via An Apple a Day

5 comments:

  1. Amy Merrick's work is amazing, AND I'm excited to see what arrangements you come up with :) Yay new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see your arrangements each month. such a great idea. after the cakes, I've moved onto cookies this year... way easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this...I LOVE the idea of doing monthly projects to keep yourself on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a lovely project! I love the idea of monthly projects. I just looked back at your cake a month posts and was inspired. Now I just need to do some brainstorming...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of this - look forward to seeing your creations. And love your instagram pics too.

    ReplyDelete

size too small All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger