12 Days of Christmas with: Where The Lovely Things Are

Friday, December 24, 2010

12 Days of Christmas ends today with Mallory of Where the Lovely Things Are. I love her blog and am always amazed at how many beautiful things she always seems to find. Thanks to everyone for participating!  And now for Mallory...
Photobucket
carolers, coat, books, doll house
What is your favorite Christmas carol?
-My favorite super-traditional sort of Christmas carol is Here We Come A-wassaling; my favorite fun Christmas song is Suzy Snowflake by Rosemary Clooney and my favorite-favorite Christmas song is probably Otis Redding singing White Christmas.
What are you hoping to get for Christmas this year?
-A new winter jacket, books (novels and baking books) and software so I can learn a new language.
What is your favorite Christmas memory?
- I have many warm and fuzzy Christmas memories, but I'll share a funny one- I asked for a punching bag for Christmas (I thought it'd be fun!) when I was a sophomore in high school and as soon as I saw it standing by the tree I ran over and punched it with all my might. It swung back, hit me in the face, and I had a bloody lip for the rest of the present-opening experience. Thankfully it was only bloody and not painful...and my family laughed about it for about a week.
What is your favorite gift you've ever received?
-My dad built me a beautiful dollhouse for Christmas when I was about 7 or so. It has scalloped shingles on the roof and pink shingles on the sides...it was (and is) one of my favorite things. Definitely t he toy I spent the most time playing with in childhood. You might say I spent a little too long playing with it, as I gave up my Barbies a little later on in life than most, ha.
What is your favorite gift to give?
-It always used to be books, books and more books, but lately I've been buying things off Etsy as gifts. Most of my friends/ family aren't as Etsy-inclined as I am, and I like to try to tempt them on over to the wonderful handmade world. Plus- it supports the awesome people behind the shops as well.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
-Every year my mother, sister and I go to this enormous store called "the Christmas Loft" and pick out ornaments. This tradition has resulted in our family's Christmas tree being bedecked in an odd array of ornaments. I'm particularly fond of a lobster one I got a few years ago. Last year I chose a potato ornament. My sister got a taco...we where going with a food theme, I guess.

4 comments:

size too small All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger