12 Days of Christmas with: Miss Moss

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You probably know her as Miss Moss, but the talented lady behind Miss Moss is Diana. She's got a love for vintage photography, art, music and some serious style to back it all up. Take a look at her Christmas favorites below.
Photobucket
paint, book, shoes
What is your favorite Christmas carol?
-I don't know if this counts as a carol, but "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow, sung by Dean Martin is my favourite Christmas song- I have been known to put this on repeat when decorating the tree (and I do realise that is ironic considering I've never experienced a cold Christmas.) I also really love "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas sung by Judy Garland, even though it's a bit of a tearjerker.
What is your favorite gift you've ever received?
-This is a tough one, but a consistent favourite throughout all my Christmases as long as I can remember is receiving art supplies from basically all my family members. You can never have enough canvas, paper, paint, brushes, pencils, moleskin journals...Gifts I can actually use and don't gather dust in a cupboard somewhere are always the best.
What are you hoping to get for Christmas this year?
-If we're talking dream gift (the kind you want but you know you're not going to get) it would have to be an espresso machine...but I'll just have to keep imagining how this Kitchenaid espresso maker might look in my kitchen. On a far more reasonable note, I would love to own a copy of The Selby Is In Your Place and a pair of Missibaba Seraphine Sandals would be amazing for the summer.
What is your favorite gift to give?
-I love introducing people to new music. Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings has a great balance of old and new vibes, I think my dad will really enjoy their latest album "I Learned The Hard Way."
What is your favorite Christmas memory?
-The one year my dad and older brothers all got fly fishing gear as gifts (my mom is big on 'themed' presents.) Christmas in South Africa is almost always hot and sunny and I'll never forget all four of them standing in the garden wearing just their shorts and practicing their fly fishing moves on the lawn. It's times like that when I realise that I'd never trade our summer Christmases for anything.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
-Christmas lunch- no competition. My mom makes a mean glazed gammon, which she cooks for hours and then serves cold with a home made mustard which is indescribable (it has condensed milk in it, the secret ingredient.) The gammon is served along with about ten different salads and buckets of ice cold wine...Yum, yum, yum. 

2 comments:

size too small All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger