Packing + A Request

Monday, July 19, 2010

How many pairs of shoes is too many to pack for 4 weeks away? Five, Six, Seven? Right now I have six pairs packed. We leave tomorrow for our trip home to the U.S. to visit friends and family! I'm so excited! And bonus- we're bringing two of our good friends from Cape Town home with us. We'll be home at the beach for the first week and then we're taking them up to New York City for a week. So I have a request. Any readers from New York city that know of a place we could stay for cheap? We've been looking on Craigslist at apartments to rent short term from people- but are worried about being scammed. Please let me know if you or your friends rent out their apartment for extra cash / or if you know of any good places to stay in the city for cheap- $100 a night or less for four people. THANK YOU!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. hi! I live in brooklyn and have been suggesting airbnb.com to friends looking for places to stay out here recently. very good options, more safe/user friendly than craigslist by far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your blog through Grown-Up Shoes. Just FYI, I rent out my one bedroom apartment in the East Village whenever I go out of town. Your trip is a bit last minute, so it might not work out this time, but in the future if you're interested please let me know. Or feel free to pass on this info to your friends. You can email me if you'd like to see some pics/ more info at chorvat@gmail.com Have a good trip! ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so jealous! I really want to go to the States, but I need to wait to get my dual nationality (and it seems to be taking for ever).
    Well, enjoy your US holiday for me, I'll be heading back to France with the in-laws for a belated wedding celebration: The party is on me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The White House Hostel in the Bowery. I've stayed there before and it is the cheapest hostel by far. Very, very basic but, hey, if you're looking to save money...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. check out http://www.vrbo.com/. I've used it before for many different locations (NYC included). Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. is this your shoe collection? BEAUTY!

    ReplyDelete

size too small All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger