Style Me Pretty + Our Wedding

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ok so since our one year anniversary is on Sunday I thought I'd share the post Style Me Pretty did on our wedding. Just a little walk down memory lane. It's going to be a bit wedding-y for little while but we'll make it through together. Tomorrow I'll post a few more pictures that Style Me Pretty didn't get to- like the surprise gospel choir extravaganza that was one of my favorite parts of our wedding. Also just a note to say I think the picture of me looking down at my bouquet is a bit ridiculous and totally not me, but it was the photographers request and I conceded. A little bummed it made it into the Style Me Pretty spread. All images are from our wonderful wedding photographer Steven DeVries.

Virginia Beach Wedding by Steve DeVries

October 6th. 2009 by Abby Larson | Filed Under | 32 comments

I really heart today’s first wedding. There is just something so simple and clean about the style…something that screams elegance and yet it still has that perfect infusion of rustic charm that we all love so much on SMP. Photographed by Steve DeVries, I am pretty sure that this was an incredibly special day.

virginia beach wedding

The wedding took place in Virgina Beach at an old family fame. The couple went with a palette built completely out of neutrals…bamboo chairs, queen anne’s lace, crisp white linens. Everything was understated and yet everything was perfectly designed. And what I love the most is that Steve, the photographer behind the day, allowed the natural elegance to dictate the tone and style of his photographs so that through his images we feel like we are right there, celebrating with the gorgeous couple.

steve devries

I am kind of madly in love with the casual vibe of the wedding. From the men’s khaki suits and leather flip flops to the family style dinner that they served with their nearest and dearest creating such a warm, intimate ambiance. Love, love, love this wedding…it’s so refreshing, so completely lovely.

virginia beach wedding

Thank you so very much to Steve DeVries for sending us this little piece of heaven!!



12 comments:

  1. Oh your wedding looks absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just started crying and wish we could do it all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, sooo beautiful!!! love all the details, down to the chairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your wedding was SO lovely!!! i love how relaxed and breezy everything looks.

    congratulations on your one year!

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress was absolutely, drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. incredibly gorgeous!! Happy Anniversary xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary to you! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and I love your style! You look so sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a beautiful wedding! and i think the photos are lovely, don't be bummed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading about your wedding on Style Me Pretty, I cant believe how fast a year has gone!

    And seeing those beautiful trees reminds me of the trip i took to Virgina Beach almost 8 years ago (and even those years have flown by!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are those bamboo chairs comfortable?

    ReplyDelete

size too small All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger