Studio Time With Stone & Honey'

Monday, December 17, 2012

I love seeing where creative's live and work (thank you internet for obliging my nosiness).  Recently, Totokaelo posted a little behind the scenes look at Stone and Honey's work space and I liked it so much I thought I'd share with you. Take a look. (Also Amy Merrick's amazing studio space was recently featured on The Makers, if you haven't seen it yet).

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Also on a completely unrelated note I wanted to mention how saddened my heart has been over Friday's shooting in Connecticut. I don't normally talk about "real life" things on this blog but it seems wrong somehow to ignore, as if life has not changed dramatically for 26 families. This particular event has been devastating to me, maybe because I'm a mother now and I fully understand the weight of what it would mean to lose a child. And maybe in part because we are back home in America celebrating Christmas with our families, a season that is supposed to be filled with joy and peace and light- in this season it seems particularly hannis.  And I am left feeling helpless and sad and at the same time so fortunate. We have all been affected by this tragedy and my prayers will continue to be lifted up for the families of those that were lost for a long time to come. Darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that.

3 comments:

  1. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that." YES. I hope you have a good Christmas, filled with positivity and much light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words on the shooting. I also felt compelled to say something yet didn't have the words. I love what you said about light. I'll be visualizing a warm circle of light surrounding the families and their loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am so snoopy about how/where people work. It's endlessly fascinating to me. I did see Amy Merrick's studio and wow. So amazing.

    Also, thank you for mentioning the shooting. I haven't mentioned it on my blog yet, because I don't know what to say. It's just so so so sad. I'm the mother of a 15 month old son and I can barely handle the news coverage. It's so awful. @Cole Thank you. I believe there is good in the world and so many good people.

    ReplyDelete

size too small All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger